The deadline to submit a nomination for the RED RIBBON AWARD is approaching fast! Submit your nomination by 31 January 2014.
The award will be presented at #AIDS2014 and will be given to ten community based organizations that have shown outstanding community leadership and action on AIDS. The five award categories are:
- Prevention of sexual transmission
- Prevention among/by people who use drugs
- Treatment, care and support
- Advocacy and human rights
- Stopping new HIV infections in children and keeping mothers alive; women’s health.
The selected community organizations will benefit from international visibility and an invitation to participate in AIDS 2014. Additionally, each recipient of the award will receive a US$10,000 grant. We call out to civil society partners around the world to spread the word that the Red Ribbon Award 2014 nomination process is now open and that their nominations of exceptional community-based organizations are welcome.